I have 7+ years of professional experience building scalable APIs and webapps, using PHP, Node.js, and React, to realize the potential of the next big idea.
I graduated with a B.Sc. in Computer Science from the University of Georgia, class of 2018.
Current and Past Projects
A lightweight PHP/MySQL blogging platform, intended as an alternative to WordPress on free or shared hosting.
A chat bridge between Minecraft and Telegram that lets players send messages in-game to offline moderators via Telegram. Moderators' replies in Telegram are forwarded back to the in-game chat.
A plugin for Spigot Minecraft servers that allows server operators to define WorldGuard regions with automatic gamemode enforcement, such as creative-only zones.
Senior Software Engineer at Opal (January 2023 - present)
Opal is a content planning & creation platform for marketers.
- I work with React, Ruby on Rails, and Elixir on both ends of the Opal platform to regularly deliver new features and improvements for a variety of Fortune 500 clients.
Lead Software Engineer at Wit Labs (May 2018 - December 2022)
Wit is a white-labeled platform for fan engagement activations in sports and entertainment.
- I created & was responsible for maintaining, the entire Wit platform, including the core API, the consumer-facing webapp, the management console for brands, and our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- I developed & published the Wit Video Contests app for Android on the Google Play Store.
Lead Software Engineer at Manki Business (June 2017 - December 2022)
Manki Business is a small, versatile consulting firm that specializes in web and iOS development.
- I specialize in making efficient web applications in both PHP and Node.js & React to meet our clients' exacting specifications.
- I've realized products for clients such as UCSF, DonorUP, The Vendry, The Rounds, Bedtime, and Tote, among others.
- For multiple clients, I singularly took over early, incomplete development from other vendors and delivered scalable, production-ready applications.
Lead Backend Developer at Friendsy (June 2015 - May 2017)
Friendsy is a social meetup & dating app exclusively for college students.
- My responsibilites included developing new API features for our mobile apps, maintaining & scaling our infrastructure on AWS, and optimizing legacy code.
- In two weeks, I overhauled the devops infrastructure and optimized core parts of the backend, resulting in a 500% decrease in app loading times.
- I developed a number of internal tools to help my coworkers and myself manage the Friendsy platform easily and more efficiently.